SAGE author Frank LaFasto brought his expertise on Humanitarian leadership to a recent World of Children panel discussion in New York City at UNICEF. The event lead up to the honoring of seven World of Children Award winners. World of Children is an organization that promotes global recognition and funding of child advocacy efforts.
LaFasto was asked to speak on the panel because of his work, with co-author Carl Larson, on The Humanitarian Leader in Each of Us: 7 Choices That Shape a Socially Responsible Life. LaFasto and Larson studied 31 humanitarian leaders from a range of nations, cultures, and generations and discovered that they followed a very similar path to find their way to serve others. The authors share their insights and the stories of these remarkable people in this unique book.
LaFasto joined other influential people on the panel, several of whom are also featured in his book, including:
- Moderator: Wendy Naugle, Executive Editor of GLAMOUR Magazine
- Susie Scott Krabacher, Mercy & Sharing
- Dr. Jane Aronson, Worldwide Orphan Foundation
- Frank LaFasto, Author of The Humanitarian Leader in Each of Us
- Harry Leibowitz, Co-Founder, the World of Children Award
- Lynn Stratford, Vice President of Program and Strategic Partnerships,U.S. Fund for UNICEF
- Dr. Ashok Banskota, Health & Rehabilitation Center for Disabled Children
- Denisse Pichardo, Caminante Proyecto Educativo
- Luke Lancaster,Young Pioneers
- Neha Gupta, Empower Orphans
- Tatiana Grossman, Spread the Words
Watch a video of the event here: http://fora.tv/embed?id=14601&type=c