As a librarian in 2018, you promote your library a lot differently than librarians did back in 2008. Ten years ago, Myspace was favored over Facebook, BlackBerry sold almost two times as many phones as Apple, and Twitter had just hit 6.0 million users, compared to today’s 335 million. In 2018, we now have more outlets for promotion and interaction than we ever could have imagined a decade ago. In celebration of the upcoming Charleston Conference, we want to see how you’re using digital innovation to promote your library. Whether it be a new way of communicating with students, a fun email campaign that illustrates the value of your resources, an event that takes place wholly on social media, or another creative activity you’re doing online, we want to see it all!
Send us a screenshot of your most outside-the-box method for digitally interacting with patrons and you could win a $500 travel grant to the Charleston Conference or one of five $50 Amazon gift cards. From now until September 10th, we invite all academic librarians in the U.S. and Canada to show us your digital innovation.
- 1 first-place winner will receive a voucher for registration at the 2018 Charleston Conference as well as $500 for travel-related expenses
- 5 second-place winners will each receive a $50 Amazon gift card
- All 6 winners will have their entry photographs featured in the 2018 Charleston Conference’s photo-desk calendar (for calendar year 2019) which will be given to all conference attendees
The winners will be chosen based on the following three criteria:
- Ability to depict efforts to innovate online
- Quality of the photo entry
How to Enter:
To enter, send an email to SAGE.Contest@sagepub.com with the following:
- Your name and title
- Name of your institution (if applicable)
- Title of photo (no more than 10 words)
- Description of photo (no more than 40 words)
- Attached photo depicting the answer to the following question: “How does your library innovate digitally?”
By sending the above information to SAGE.Contest@sagepub.com, you agree to the Official Rules. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Limit one entry per person/email address. After the first entry, additional entry submissions will not result in additional entries.
For more information on the Charleston Conference, click here.