In aid of this important week we will be posting library-themed content across SAGE Connection as we are thrilled to recognize information professionals and the incredible work that they do in libraries globally. Libraries form an invaluable bridge to scholars and researchers in institutions around the world and play a key role in the dissemination of knowledge. We are dedicated to working in collaboration with librarians to ensure that we are continuously adapting to their needs.
To celebrate National Library Week this year, we have selected a series of library-focused articles (and made them freely available for two months*) that examine the impact of libraries and the changes they face. You can find these articles below.
Alexandria: The Journal of National and International
- Alexandria news round-up
- Towards a Networked National Library
- On the History of the Archival Library and Scholarship in the West since the Alexandrian Library: An Overview
- National Policy on Libraries at a Time of Convergence: The UK Experience
- A National Library for the 21st century – knowledge and cultural heritage online
- The role of public libraries in promoting reading within the family
- Internship in LIS education An international perspective on experiential learning
- Celebrating libraries in 20 years of democracy: An overview of library and information services in South Africa
- Library anxiety among university students: A survey
Journal of Librarianship and Information Science
- Interlending and resource sharing in UK public libraries: A mixed methods study
- User preferences and library space at Whitworth University Library
- The challenges facing public libraries in the Big Society: The role of volunteers, and the issues that surround their use in England
- Library metrics – studying academic users’ information retrieval behavior: A case study of an Israeli university library
Journal of Information Science
- Friendly Librarians: The culture of caring and inclusion experiences of visually impaired students in an academic library
SAGE Open (This article is from an open access publication and is freely accessible at any time)
Business Information Review
Keep an eye on SAGE Connection throughout the week for more library-themed posts!
*You may already have access to these articles through a library or other subscription. All articles are either open access or free to access for a period of two months from the time of posting.