Send us a snapshot of how your library is innovating for the future for a chance to win a travel grant to the 2016 Charleston Conference or one of nine $50 Amazon gift cards.
From makerspaces to Librari-Cons to e-reading lounges to unexpected partnerships, librarians across the continent are leading a variety of innovative efforts in order to meet the needs of today’s patrons and to prepare for the requests of tomorrow’s (can you believe that the class of 2019 begins this fall?).
If your library is doing something new, inventive, or unexpected, share it with the wider library community for a chance to win a travel grant to the 2016 Charleston Conference or one of five $50 Amazon gift cards. From now through Friday, September 25th, we invite all academic librarians in the U.S. and Canada to submit a photo that depicts any innovative efforts happening in your library.
We know that librarians are talented in many areas, but we DON’T expect you to be a professional photographer to submit – just pick up your smartphone or digital camera and start snapping!
- 1 first-place winner will receive a voucher for registration at the 2016 Charleston Conference as well as $500 for travel related expenses to attend the 2015 Charleston Conference.
- 9 second-place winners will receive a $50 Amazon gift cards to purchase book(s) of their choice.
- All 10 winners will have their entry photographs featured in the 2015 Charleston Conference’s photo-desk calendar (for calendar year 2016) which will be given to all conference attendees.
The winners will be based on the following 3 criteria:
- Ability to depict an innovative effort in your library
- Quality of the photo entry
How to Enter:
To enter, send an email to SAGE.Contest@sagepub.com with the following:
- Your name and title
- Name of your institution (if applicable)
- Title of photo (title should be no more than 10 words)
- Description of photo (description should be no more than 40 words)
- Attached photo depicting the answer to the following question: “How does your library innovate?”
By sending the above information to SAGE.Contest@sagepub.com, you agree to the Official Rules. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Limit one entry per person/email address. After the first entry, additional entry submissions will not result in additional entries.
For more information on the Charleston Conference, click here.