We are delighted to announce that several SAGE and Learning Matters titles have been shortlisted for the 2013 Nursery World Awards! The titles are:
- Language and Literacy for the Early Years By Sally Neaum
- Learning Stories: Constructing Learner Identities in Early Education by Margaret Carr and Wendy Lee
- Exploring Play for Early Childhood Studies by Mandy Andrews
- Understanding Schemas and Young Children: From Birth to Three by Frances Atherton and Cathy Nutbrown
- The Reflective Early Years Practitioner by Elaine Hallet
All authors have been shortlisted in the staff resources category, which recognizes resources that help practitioners improve their practice and provision.
We at SAGE believe passionately in the intrinsic value of education. Our education publishing program offers guidance and resources for every stage of an educator’s career, from textbooks to practical books for education professionals and world-class reference works. These nominations for our authors acknowledge both the quality and relevance of these titles for practitioners working in early year education. We’re very proud to work with them all and to see their expertise recognized. We would like to wish Sally, Margaret, Wendy, Mandy, Frances, Cathy and Elaine the very best of luck for the forthcoming awards!
The winners will be announced at London’s Grand Connaught Rooms on Saturday 28 September 2013. To find out more about the Nursery Worlds Awards, click here.