SAGE and CQ Press at SCELC Vendor Day 2012 – A look inside library consortia

From left to right:
Allison Dugandzic, Marketing Associate
Lenny Rogers, Library Sales Manager
Mary Rose Fink, Senior Library Sales Manager

By Laura Paterson, SAGE Marketing Manager

SAGE works with consortium all over the US to help meet and work with our various customers. One such consortium is SCELC, or the Statewide California Electronic Library Consortium, which consists of over 100 private academic institutions across the state of California that work together to develop resource sharing relationships with each other and explore issues related to electronic and digital information access.

Every year SCELC organizes a Vendor Day for its members that draws nearly 200 librarians and more than 40 vendors that give over 140 presentations through the course of the day.  SAGE and CQ Press participated in the 2012 Vendor Day at the beginning of March to announce some exciting new products launching in 2012.

We rolled out the beta version of SAGE Knowledge, our new platform for e-book delivery.  Launching in June 2012 with over 2,500 titles, SAGE Knowledge includes an expansive range of SAGE eBook and eReference content, including scholarly monographs, reference works, handbooks, series, and professional development titles.  Librarians from SCELC were excited about the new platform, with features and functionality to support the browse and discovery of a breadth of queries from a wide range of researchers.

Specializing in coverage and analysis of politics, policy, social issues and global affairs, CQ Press introduced CQ Press State Stats, a new database providing comprehensive data coverage of each state including social welfare, health care, crime, education and more.  The data is backed by a rich collection of more than 2,000 current and historical data series on popular topics of research interest.   Librarians loved seeing the unique mapping and graphing tools that allow users to discover, view, and export key information measures for the 50 states and the District of Columbia.

In between presentations, SAGE and CQ Press sales managers got the chance to chat with librarians and answer questions about the new products.  The Vendor Day provides an opportunity for us to connect with our customers and work together toward our mutual goal of providing world-class academic research to students and researchers everywhere.

If you’re a librarian and would like to see the beta version of SAGE Knowledge, check it out here: http://knowledge.sagepub.com/

This entry was posted in SAGE Connection, SAGE news and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.